Array is currently seeking a person to join our team.
Do you/ Are you / Can you:
– Have a flexible visual design style and can create interfaces for a variety of products that you feel genuinely proud of.
– Understand and can implement the latest visual design techniques.
– Able to conceptualize low-mid fidelity wireframes outlining required components and basic layout.
– Have excellent technical, conceptualization and communication skills in order to determine client needs and create an appealing and functional website.
– Effectively communicate design decisions to engineering teams, project management & clients.
– proficient with Adobe Creative Cloud.
– Have strong analysis, problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
– Have a collaborative personality and enjoy working in a team-oriented environment.
– hold a Bachelor’s degree in Design, diploma in graphic design, web development, digital arts, or equivalent experience and portfolio to back it up.
– 1 – 2+ years’ experience doing user experience design for web, desktop or mobile applications.
– A portfolio that reflects your strengths in both UX and visual design skills.
– Strong verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to deliver compelling design rationales in both client and internal contexts.
– Motivated by feedback, and by the opportunity to improve in your role, in your work, and in how you work together as a team.
– Excellent organizational skills with the ability to multi-task in an environment with rapidly changing responsibilities and requirements.
Job Duties May Include:
– Responsible for reviewing supplied document/emails or project brief from Account Management to facilitate project design, and communicate feedback.
– Make design decisions through critical discussion and backing up your ideas with solid research and reasoning, all while being open to feedback.
– Be an active member within cross-functional teams throughout the design and development process. Participate in design team reviews, sharing, and brainstorming sessions.
– Reviewing all creative with senior design staff prior to client design review, Problem solving various design challenges with senior designer or creative director.
– Participating in programming proofing process ie. communication to various team members, and reviewing of programmed websites post development completion.
– Stay current with desktop and mobile best practices, developments and trends in web, mobile and iOS design.
– Support with Quoting & Estimating Time on Quick Turnaround Tasks
– Attend Client Meetings (as required), ability to communicate professionally directly with clients when necessary
– Responding to all communication in a timely manner.
Hours: This is a full time position, Monday to Friday / 32 to 35 hours per week.
Compensation: $16 – $23 per hour, depending on your experience and skills. A benefits package is also available for full time employees after a probationary period.
Location: You must be able to work all hours on location, at our office in Nanaimo (410-256 Wallace St.) At this time we are not considering applications from out of country.
How to Apply:
Please email resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, September 13th. Interviews will begin before the job posting expires, so be sure to apply as early as possible.