Do you have a passion for social media? Do you like working with people? Do you love to follow and engage with your favourite brands online? Or maybe you just spend way too much time on social media platforms? Are we speaking your lingo, yet? If so, you might be a great candidate for our team’s newest role, Social Media Lead & Project Management Assistant.
- Create and editing written, video, and photo content for various social media platforms, including Instagram, Facebook, LinkedIn, and Pinterest.
- Assist in planning and research for multiple social media accounts to enhance content strategy.
- Maintain a consistent brand voice and brand standards across different social media channels.
- Create, maintain, and execute a content calendar to ensure a consistent and timely posting schedule.
- Coordinate and collect photo and video assets from clients based on social media deliverables.
- Communicate with clients, affiliate networks, and affiliate partners.
- Engage with the online community, responding to comments, messages, and inquiries, and fostering positive online community around the brand.
- Brainstorm creative content and campaign ideas to achieve client goals.
- Implement analytics and reporting to track the performance of social media campaigns, gathering data on key metrics and providing insights for improvement.
- Support Project Management team with client requests, note-taking and workflow.
- Stay up-to-date on current trends, algorithm changes, community guidelines, and emerging platforms to adapt strategies accordingly.
- Attend events and produce live social media content to keep client’s audience informed and engaged.
- High School Graduate or equivalent.
- An active presence across multiple social media platforms (aka social media savvy).
- Data and results-driven.
- Attentive listener.
- Confident meeting with clients face-to-face and answering the phone.
- Strong communication skills.
- Highly organized.
- Must be a team player.
- Knowledge of Meta Business Suite & Ad Manager.
- Experience using Canva Pro.
- Well-versed in MS Suite or Google Documents.
- Optional: Bachelor’s degree in marketing and/or communications.
- Optional: Videography experience (storyboarding, scriptwriting, editing, etc.).
This position is full-time, Monday to Friday / 32+ hours per week. At this time, we are not considering applications from out of the country, and the ideal candidate is able to work part-time in our Nanaimo office, and part-time from home, remotely. We’re TWAT’s — Tuesday, Wednesday & Thursday in the office, Monday & Friday from home.
Negotiable based on skills and experience, however, entry-level skill set starts at $21 an hour. A benefits package is available for employees after a probationary period provided they maintain full-time employment. Additionally, we include a $500 per year health & wellness payment to help you take care of your personal well-being.