Array is accepting entry level applications for a full time Digital Marketing Specialist. This is an in office position within Nanaimo. Applicants are not required to have experience in the full range of skills, but experience in any areas should be outlined on your application and will be preferred. General technical proficiency with computers is mandatory. The winning applicant will receive training in the required areas, but will be expected to schedule their own time to complete work across a wide range of clientelle.
This position is best suited to a self starter who is interested in a great entry level opportunity, can demonstrate their drive to learn on their own, and who isn’t intimidated by constant change. An entrepreneurial mindset would likely be a benefit, as the department has plenty of room for growth. A person currently working in an Administrative role may also be a good fit.
We are a super fun, youthful team who love challenging ourselves in the continual pursuit of perfection! Our open office is filled with humans who are dedicated to creating something special for ourselves and for our clients. When we hire, we are looking for other amazing personalities who will fit in well with our wacky crew, and who are also driven to create & succeed!
Specific Job Duties Include:
- Search Engine Marketing (Adwords/Display Ads)
- Social Media Advertising + Management
- Search Engine Results Placement Optimization
- Keyword Research
- Ongoing SEO Best Practice Research
- Analyzing & Developing conversion strategy according to client needs & goals
- Website Content Creation & Ad Copy Creation for Digital Marketing Results
- Creative team direction for display ads
- Strong Communication Skills via phone, email or in-person (internal & external)
- Suggest upsells based on analysis
Applicants unable to demonstrate the following skills will not be considered.
- Very strong written skills – ability to write reports & summarize technical data, as well as to craft easily readable, engaging, keyword focused web content.
- Technical proficiency using Mac and / or PC computers, knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Demonstrated skills as a self starter, able to schedule your own time.
- Able to conduct yourself in one on one meetings with clients, professional friendly demeanor, not intimidated by social interaction.
- Can wear more than one hat, comfortable performing in a sometimes noisy and distracting work environment.
Applicants with the following skills will be considered more highly.
- Knowledge of Google’s suite of tools including Adwords, Analytics, Search Console (Webmaster Tools), and Places.
- Knowledge of core concepts of Search Engine Optimization strategy.
- Highly analytical with strong interest in data analysis.
- Understanding of core web concepts including working within a CMS, understanding of HTML structure & semantic markup, mobile testing and usability.
- Google Certified Applicants Preferred
- Strong HTML & CSS skills
- Experience with PHP or developing on the WordPress platform
- Demonstrated success with previous SEO/SEM campaigns
Salary & Benefits:
This position will begin at $35,000 or $17 / hour, negotiable depending on candidate’s skills and experience. Once team members have passed a probationary period, a medical / dental benefits package is available to be opted into.